Here are 17 things you can spot your local hipster saying. Whatever the trend is, you can always count on hipsters to go the opposite way. Does any of these things sound familiar?
1. You guys are all such followers.
2. Instagram just “gets” me. It allows me express myself in ways I can’t even begin to describe.
3. What kind of music do I like? If I had to define it, I’d say post-current experimental tribal funk. But I don’t really believe in labels.
4. I’ll admit it. I was a hipster once. But that’s before “being hipster” was cool. I now refuse to bow to the pressure of societal norms.
5. Big corporations are blood sucking scum, and I for one can’t stand it
6. Is that fair trade?
7. I saw them in this really small venue last year.
8. It’s from the organic fruit stall on chambers street. You’ve probably never heard of it.
9. I’m thinking of taking some time off to work on my solo stuff.
10. Well, I’m planning on moving to London to open my own gluten-free bakery, but at the moment I’m just kind of laying low and working on my novel.
11. It’s not a scarf. It’s a traditional Colombian garment.
12. They sound so much better on vinyl.
13. I found this amazing tutorial on how to make a satchel out of nothing but crushed soybeans and wheatgrass.
14. When I die, I’m leaving my body to art.
15. My music doesn’t really have a genre, but if I had to define it I’d probably say ‘Organic Garage’.
16. Can you call me back? I’m knitting a cover for my iPad.
17. Well you can’t just get them anywhere, you need to know the right places.